So this year like every year we have goals and plans. However, this year 2016 is about the most exciting year EVER! New home with land, new baby, growing family! This will be one for the book! So what exactly are we planning for this wild ride?
2016 plans for the upcycled homestead
- grow egg layer flock to 15+ birds
- start meat birds
- start 2-3 sheep
- seriously consider a dairy cow
- let land rest
- layout garden areas and build garden fences
- build and expand onto the greenhouse
- expand the aquaponic system
- find wood chipper and use to mulch garden beds
- grow more of what we eat
- eat more whole/ raw foods
- find a small income niche with farmers markets
- spend quality family time enjoying our new life
- teach kids hands on where our food comes from
our plans may be ever-changing as is life. As our life on a little country homestead begin we are off to a great start!
Have you started a year that you just know will be amazing? How will you upcycle your life in 2016?
Beth is a mother of 5 living on a handful of acres in an old farmhouse in central Kansas. Beth has a background in the military and health and fitness however her passions come from her homestead life. Beth is an enthusiastic homeschooling mom, avid organic gardener, chicken & goat wrangler, who is obsessed with herbs and natural remedies and maintaining an all-around Do-It-Yourself lifestyle. Beth loves to share all she has learned about and sustainable living. While striving for a healthy, natural life, family-centered life.